Director of Professional Services and Program Management
Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) is an established software and software consulting company headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and in business for over 20 years. CTS provides enterprise, cloud-based, software solutions to State Agencies administering USDA Child Nutrition Programs. Our solutions enable States to more effectively administer programs that exist for the purpose of feeding children across the nation, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and building a team of passionate people to further our customers’ mission.
We are currently seeking an experienced, polished Director of Professional Services and Program Management. The selected candidate serves as a practitioner leading a team of customer facing project managers and business analysts who implement and deliver custom and non-custom software solutions coupled with solving customer issues. CTS project managers and business analysts work directly with CTS sales team members, customers and cross departmentally to successfully deliver and maintain Child Nutrition Program solutions.
The Director of Professional Services and Program Management is responsible for the customer experience serving as the primary escalation point for customers and team members to help deliver billable projects, resolve challenges and maintain positive customer relationships. This leader is responsible for refining the overall project management function, providing team direction, managing the processes and functions related to customer projects. This role provides direction for the creation, implementation and monitoring of cross functional teams to ensure the effective delivery of projects to meet customer expectations as well as company objectives.
- Ensure that efficient and effective systems and processes are in place to enable the delivery of customer projects, meeting the company's commitments and customer expectations from project kick-off to delivery.
- Organize, report and communicate priorities, challenges, results and potential project completion and/or timeline risks to executive management on a weekly basis.
- Work with cross functional teams and management to establish and monitor key performance indicators and metrics for the Professional Services Department.
- Coordinate the activities required to support the development of Project Proposals and Statements of Work by working with various departments to ensure accuracy in deliverables and resource planning.
- Provide guidance and training to Project Managers in standardized key tools and project management processes.
- Collaborate with and lead other departments in the development and project management of activities to enable the Professional Services Department to improve its support to the business in a changing environment.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives for both project management systems and cross functional projects as required.
- Be accountable for project timelines, financial goals and metrics, action plans and risks.
- Own operational metrics such as customer satisfaction, time-to-value and on-time completion of projects.
- Be autonomous in managing decisions and accountable for department-wide timely project delivery.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a technology customer service capacity managing project managers, business analysts and related positions delivering high level of service to customers.
- Must have at least 5 years serving as the primary escalation point for customers.
- Must have at least 5 years managing a minimum of eight project managers and business analysts responsible for delivering custom and off the shelf software solutions.
- Must have experience with companies providing custom software solution and enhancement delivery.
- Ability to manage workloads and provide requisite documentation within company’s project management application(s).
- Ability to address and resolve contradictory interests or values of multiple internal and external parties.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator comfortable engaging with all customer levels.
- Proven experience in facilitating and supporting the professional growth of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Must have experience in Atlassian solutions including JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of Sales tools, including Salesforce.com.
- Experience with Team Support preferred but not required.
- Must have experience with Smartsheet and/or similar project management solutions with related internal solution integration.
- Ability to travel for customer and project kickoff meetings as needed (approximately 20% annually; US only).
- A Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent experience.gre
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 20 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology as well as proven program and project management methodologies to help our customers manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of web-based applications, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that truly values its people and helps customers do the most important job of feeding kids across the nation.
We Proudly Offer
- Highly competitive compensation
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
We do not currently offer relocation expense reimbursement or assistance for this position.
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Pay: $120,000 to $150,000/year
Plus a bonus potential of 15%-25%
Job Status: Full Time