Human Resources Specialist
In the USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs, people matter.
That's why here at Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At CTS, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of technology - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. CTS brings together people, government, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
This position requires a working knowledge of Human Resources to include employee engagement. In this position you will support our hiring processes from sourcing through hiring. This role will also facilitate maintenance of associate records, calculation of commissions, payroll processing and employee engagement functions. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and to work autonomously
Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with recruiting functions by sourcing and pre-screening candidates through internal recruitment platforms and attending job fairs. Maintains Affirmative Action Plan data.
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, and department managers. Maintains Job Descriptions.
- Assists in processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis as well as making any necessary employee changes to the company HRIS system.
- Reconciles benefits statements and enters Garnishment information.
- Manages and administers FMLA data, reporting, communication, and tracking
- Verifies and processes employee new hire, termination, raise requests and other changes
- Creates and maintains HR forms and employee files. Maintains high standards of data integrity and confidentiality of all employee records and information
- I-9 form administration and E-Verify work authorization administration and record retention
- Assists with administration of benefits, enrollment, benefit billing, HRIS data entry, records maintenance, etc.
- Supports implementation of initiatives to obtain appropriate levels of employee satisfaction
- Proactively engages employees via employee surveys and directly targeting improved employee morale, satisfaction and increase tenure.
- Creates and reviews systems reports to help ensure compliance with HR practices, policies and processes
- Assists with administration and maintenance of HR policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED; preference in advanced course work in human resources.
- Associate degree or higher in Human Resources preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR certifications highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of HR experience in a professional environment preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with management, employees, and outside services.
- General proficiency of Microsoft Office software with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance
Job Status: Full Time