Microsoft SQL Developer/DBA
Are you a creative, hardworking IT professional who knows how to get the job done right? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS)!
CTS is an established software company, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizonafor over 25 years. We provide enterprise, cloud-based, COTS software solutions in the Education and Nutrition field. We are currently seeking an energetic, detailed Microsoft SQL Developer and Database Administrator.
Summary: We are looking for a SQL guru that can help us optimize our database infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing new databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance as well as updating and optimizing existing databases. You will also work with other developers optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary and establishing best practices. You will help solve all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
- Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
- Create, optimize and maintain stored procedures, functions, triggers and views
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Optimize and create indexes for increased database performance
- Prepare documentation and specifications
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Suggest new queries
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Developer or similar role
- College degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft SQL server
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Microsoft Database or Developer Certifications a plus
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance
Pay: $80 to $115/year
Competitive - DOE
Job Status: Full Time