QA Test Engineer II
In the USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs, people matter.
That's why here at Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At CTS, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of technology - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. CTS brings together people, government, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
CTS is looking for a Test Engineer II to join our amazing team. Our mission is to analyze risk, explore unknowns, and give confidence to decision makers. Simply stated, quality is our passion.
- Oversee development of project test strategy
- Create, execute, and analyze manual test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create, execute, and analyze automated test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Active participant in all scrum ceremony events (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and team retrospectives)
- Collaborate with developers in code reviews, design reviews, TDD, etc.
- Ensure that repeatable test cases are automated to improve test efficiency
- Perform various types of testing including functional, system integration, regression, and exploratory
- Accurately report defects that are found during testing
- Perform root cause analysis on critical, production defects
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with business stakeholders for projects, as needed
- Grow subject matter expertise with CTS systems and applications
- Create release certification reports for production release deploys
- Collaborate with other testers as needed on cross-functional projects
- Make recommendations to test leadership for improving existing processes, implementing new tools, etc.
- Follow CTS Test Engineering policies and processes in day-to-day tasks
Skills You Have…
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics and 2-3 years professional QA experience with test automation (3+ years professional QA experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle and core software testing concepts
- Capable of understanding software architectural concepts, workflows, etc.
- Experience with making testing decisions for small projects
- Experience with software development frameworks including agile Scrum, Kanban, XP, and Waterfall
- Proficient understanding of database concepts and ability to write simple to complex database queries
- Experience with functional, API, and services test automation is a plus
- Experience with Java or a similar programming language is a must
- Experience with test automation frameworks is a must
- Experience with Cypress.io is a plus
- Experience with creating technical documentation applicable to an agile development environment
- Excellent organizational, as well as, oral and written communication skills
- Capable of communicating with project team members, IT stakeholders, and other Test Engineering personnel
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a Scrum team environment is a must
- Capable of soliciting feedback from peers for purposes of self-awareness and self-improvement
- Experience in federally funded USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs is preferred
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance
Job Status: Full Time