QA Test Engineer
In the USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs, people matter.
That's why here at Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At CTS, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of technology - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. CTS brings together people, government, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
CTS is looking for a Test Engineer I to join our amazing team. Our mission is to analyze risk, explore unknowns, and give confidence to decision makers. Simply stated, quality is our passion.
Under the direction of a test lead or manager:
- Create, execute, and analyze manual test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Active participant in all scrum ceremony events (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and team retrospectives)
- Observer in code reviews, design reviews, TDD, etc.
- Ensure that repeatable test cases are assigned to the test automation backlog to improve test efficiency
- Become proficient in various types of testing that including functional, system integration, regression, and exploratory
- Accurately report defects that are found during testing
- Develop subject matter expertise with CTS systems and applications
- Collaborate with other testers as needed on cross-functional projects
- Follow CTS Test Engineering policies and processes in day-to-day tasks
Skills You Have…
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics (2+ years professional QA experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle and core software testing concepts
- Familiarity with software development frameworks such as agile Scrum, Kanban, XP, and Waterfall
- Basic understanding of database concepts
- Coursework in Java or a similar programming language is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of communicating with project team members and test engineering personnel
- Ability to work as a member of a Scrum team is a must
- Eager to learn and able to learn quickly
- Experience in federally funded USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs is a plus
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance
Job Status: Full Time