Quality Assurance Analyst
In the USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs, people matter.
That's why here at Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At CTS, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of technology - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. CTS brings together people, government, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
CTS is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our amazing team. Our mission is to analyze risk, explore unknowns, and give confidence to decision makers. Simply stated, quality is our passion.
Under the direction of a test lead or manager:
- Create, execute, and analyze manual test cases based on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Active participant in all scrum ceremony events (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and team retrospectives)
- Observer in code reviews, design reviews, TDD, etc.
- Ensure that repeatable test cases are assigned to the test automation backlog to improve test efficiency
- Become proficient in various types of testing that including functional, system integration, regression, and exploratory
- Accurately report defects that are found during testing
- Develop subject matter expertise with CTS systems and applications
- Collaborate with other testers as needed on cross-functional projects
- Follow CTS Test Engineering policies and processes in day-to-day tasks
Skills You Have…
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics (2+ years professional QA experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle and core software testing concepts
- Familiarity with software development frameworks such as agile Scrum, Kanban, XP, and Waterfall
- Basic understanding of database concepts
- Coursework in Java or a similar programming language is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of communicating with project team members and test engineering personnel
- Ability to work as a member of a Scrum team is a must
- Eager to learn and able to learn quickly
- Experience in federally funded USDA Child Nutrition and Food Distribution Programs is a plus
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance
Pay: $65,000 to $75,000/year
Job Status: Full Time