Quality Assurance Analyst
Summary: The Quality Assurance Analyst (QA) works collaboratively with technical and management staff to ensure the delivery of quality software products, services to our customers. The QA should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team, handling multiple concurrent assignments
Responsibilities: The Quality Assurance Analyst acts as a Subject Matter Expert for various features and/or modules of the product and leads testing efforts for assigned software development and maintenance projects within the organization as part of a defined software development life cycle.
- Assist in the creation and modification of technical documentation, including specifications and manuals.
- Create and update test plans, cases, data, scripts, performs regression and integration testing, and drives defect resolution with development staff.
- Perform quality assurance checks, including the testing and validating of software developed.
- Document, report, and manage the resolution of defects by working closely with the development staff.
- Perform manual and automated product testing on existing and new software products.
- Reproduce defects and retest from existing defect reports.
- Document and manage the resolution of defects, creating defect log entries, and assigning defects to the development team.
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure teams for software deployments.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Develop standard operating procedures to effectively execute the principles and responsibilities of software quality assurance.
- Maintain effective communication with the Project Management and Development teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements of the Quality Control Test Engineer
Excellent communication, professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills combined with a deep understanding of software testing are necessary for success in the role of Quality Control Test Engineer. Applicants should also have proven testing, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of software quality control testing field.
- Competent in software testing theory, knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques.
- Experience with change management, release packaging and deployment concepts.
- Proficient in understanding written requirements, including use cases, supplementary specifications and requirements traceability.
- Experience with issue/defect tracking and change management tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Self-motivated, action oriented, and actively pursues opportunities.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communication, professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Highly committed to the team’s success.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write effective correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and SQL is helpful but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/Life Balance
Job Status: Full Time