Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Are you a creative, hardworking professional who knows how to get the job done right – the first time, on time, every time? Do you enjoy working in a results-driven, team-oriented environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS)!
We are currently seeking a capable, qualified Software QA Test Engineer to support quality assurance and to ensure the delivery of quality products, services, and documentation to our customers. The QA Test Engineer will also provide technical assistance to users and help maintain the quality of our existing and future products. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team.
Job Responsibilities of the Software QA Test Engineer
As a key member of our quality assurance team, the QA Test Engineer is responsible for the development, review, and execution of test cases that conform to functional specifications, design documents, and external application standards.
Duties of the QA Test Engineer:
- Responsible for ensuring the software product deployed to production is of high quality without defects.
- Create test scripts
- Execute test scripts
- Prepare specification documentation
- Work with product development engineers to isolate issues by collecting and analyzing detailed process steps, log files, and data input.
- Document test results within the defined corporate tool(s) in order to assist in defect resolution, working closely with the Engineering and Project Management team(s), as appropriate.
- Evaluate problems identified in production and assist with resolution strategies.
- Execute special projects, including but not limited to a functional and performance testing.
- Strong comprehension of the English language and grammar
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The QA Test Engineer should have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry as well as the ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume). Qualified candidates will also be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Additional requirements of the QA Test Engineer include:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Development training/education (Bachelor of Science degree preferred)
- Minimum of three to five years in software technical support, testing, quality assurance, and/or development software
- Experience in creating test plans, cases, data, and scripts; performing regression and integration testing
- Experience working with a developer team to ensure quality of new IT applications
- Strong commitment to quality
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Familiarity with SharePoint, SQL, and automated testing tools (e.g., Selenium) preferred
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology as well as proven program and project management methodologies to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of web-based applications, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedules
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match!
- Numerous work/life balance rewards
KEY WORDS: QA, Tester, Analyst, Quality Assurance, Help Desk, Test
Job Status: Full Time