Senior Business Analyst
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY***
Are you a positive, creative, hardworking, experienced Senior Business Analyst? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS).
CTS is an established software company, headquartered North Scottsdale, Arizona. We provide enterprise, cloud-based and custom software solutions in the School Lunch and Nutrition programs to our government clients for over 25 years. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, energetic Senior Business Analyst. The Senior Business Analyst is a leader expected to drive business meetings to define the business problem, desired capabilities, and requirements under the direction of the Director of Professional Services. The BA will apply critical thinking to determine process impacts and business benefits. The candidate must be comfortable working with a diverse population, technically proficient, able to multi-task well, explain solutions clearly, is well organized, and has the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Assists in the creation and modifying of technical documentation including specifications and manuals.
- Use any tools that are appropriate. These include mockups, project status reports, meeting minutes, and face to face meetings, post your time in Toggl, manage work in Jira, work support tickets in Teamsupport, and engage with the Project Manager in Smartsheet.
- Perform quality assurance checks on software, which include testing and validating software developed.
- Document, report, and manage the resolution of defects, working closely with the development staff.
- Keep assigned account customer systems current with regular version updates.
- Serves as liaison between the customer and staff by fielding inquiries on software functionality and potential change requests.
- Respond to help desk questions and issues regarding software products and services via telephone, email, in person and/or virtually.
- Executes BA activities related to business process analysis/design, stakeholder needs assessments.
- Identify and document gaps in procedures and create solutions for scalable and repeatable processes.
- Protects scope, identifies and mitigates risk, ensuring success of critical and complex technology projects.
- Comfortable in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change which will require prioritizing competing tasks and conflict resolution.
- Be receptive to coaching (give and receive), as you will be joining a new team in a company that specializes in a niche market.
- Continuously improves own knowledge of business and technology fundamentals, through an understanding of how business processes and software applications.
- Own the management of information and data requirements gathering initiative to develop and/or streamline the operational cadence.
- Ensure that all the necessary processes are thoroughly implemented.
- Identify, document and remediate gaps in processes and ensure the alignment of the Professional Services teams and industry best practices.
- Prepare training documentation, train and conduct user acceptance testing and conduct training sessions from end users to train-the-trainer workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of work experience with 5+ years of specializing in Business Analysis as part of waterfall, agile and/or iterative approach.
- Effectively applying and teaching generally accepted BA practices.
- Advanced/Expert level process mapping/ process improvement.
- Proven to be highly motivated, self-directed individual with the ability to quickly learn the applications and execute with confidence.
- Be results focused and effectively prioritize, determine when it’s needed to dive deep into a process or capability.
- Listen to understand, ask well-timed and thoughtful questions that drive clarity.
- Actively participate in respectful and healthy discussions where differing opinions are shared.
- Flex style based upon audience Qualifications to build relationships.
We Proudly Offer
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
KEY WORDS: Business Analyst, Testing, QA, Business Services, Analysis, Customer Service, PMP, PMI, Software, Nutrition, Project, Education
Job Status: Full Time