Senior IT Business Analyst
Are you a creative, hardworking IT professional who knows how to get the job done right? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions!
CTS is an established software company, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona for over 20 years. We provide enterprise, cloud-based, COTS software solutions to State Education and Nutrition Agencies. We are currently seeking an energetic, detailed, Senior Business Analyst to assist with the defining of software specifications, testing of software products, and developing project-related materials. The selected candidate will support CTS’ Account Managers and work with CTS’ development and quality assurance teams. Experience with software development projects is required.
The Business Analyst will work with internal teams and customers to review business processes, help identify potential improvements or enhancements, document those enhancements, and facilitate clear communication of requirements to the development team, test team, and customer representatives. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves our internal and customer communication.
- Gathering and documenting customer requirements, evaluating business processes, and creating functional documentation, including specifications, manuals, and plans.
- Performing quality assurance checks on software, which includes testing and validating the finished product matches customer requirements.
- Working collaboratively with CTS’ team of developers and engineers to help resolve and document customer issues
- Assisting in the preparation-for and execution-of Joint Application Design (JAD) and facilitated working sessions with customers to design software configurations and modifications.
- Assisting in the accurate and timely delivery of software products and services.
- Managing customer-reported incidents in designated customer accounts.
- Serving as a liaison between customers and CTS operations.
- Supporting Account Managers in the management of designated customer accounts.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication, professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills are necessary for success in the role of Senior Business Analyst. Knowledge of and experience in software development is highly desired. Applicants are required to have exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business Administration, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on, direct work experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience gathering complex business requirements, mapping out technical solutions, and helping manage project timelines.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in the learning and growing in knowledge and skillset related to the software development process and business analysis.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of nutritional programs, nutrient analysis, financial systems, educational systems is a plus
- Prior experience working with external customers is a plus
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 20 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology as well as proven program and project management methodologies to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of web-based applications, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that truly values its people.
We Proudly Offer
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
We look forward to talking with you. Please reach out if you have the experience and capability to be a part of our team as a Business Analyst!
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
KEY WORDS: Business Analyst, Testing, QA, Business Services, Analysis, Customer Service, PMP, PMI, Software, Nutrition, Project, Education
Job Status: Full Time