Senior Software Engineer - Core 2/SaaS
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS) utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is used by State Government Agencies representing nutrition programs for three quarters of the nation.
Summary: Develops and updates computer programs or systems of programs to fulfill user requests by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following.
- Perform appropriate code modifications to existing software that is aligned with the tools, procedures, processes, and coding standard used by CTS.
- Work as part of the technical team to develop code that enhances current software products, as well as assist in the design, development, and implementation of new software products.
- Participate in design and code review sessions to ensure accuracy and maintainability of programming.
- Work with the organization’s Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure staff to ensure timely delivery of quality software changes, defect correction, and enhancements.
- Evaluate proposed technical solutions to ensure that they are aligned with the software functionality and attributes.
- Perform unit and systems testing to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Assist Business Analysts and Project Managers to address ad hoc customer requests (e.g., database queries, data issues, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with CTS's team of developers and engineers to design and develop moderate to complex web-based applications
- Recommends innovative technical solutions to improve software capabilities and user accessibility. Ensures technical components are reliable, scalable, interoperable, and reusable
- Continually enhances the technical design and frameworks underlying the CTS product suite
- Designs and documents technical architecture
- Mentor other Development staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical degree with minimum of five years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Interest in the learning and growing in knowledge and skillset related to the software development process.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet scheduled delivery dates
- Creativity in designing browser-based applications
- .NET development skills
- Required Skills:
- .NET Core,
- SPAs/PWAs (Vue, React or Angular), REST services
- C#, ASP.NET Git, Visual Studio
- VB, MVC, Razor, TFS
- Knowledge of OAuth/OIDC
- Knowledge of design/architecture patterns: Simplified DDD, CQRS, SOLID, Event Sourcing, Event Driven Design
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Sisense experience
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Generous paid time off!
- Generous Holiday pay! Get the week between Christmas and New Year’s off, Paid!
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance rewards
We look forward to talking with you. Please reach out if you have the experience and capability to be a part of our team as a Senior Software Developer!
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
Job Status: Full Time