Senior Software Engineer - Core
***ACCEPTING LOCAL AND REMOTE CANDIDATES***
Summary: Develops and updates computer programs or systems of programs to fulfill user requests by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform appropriate code modifications to existing software that is aligned with the tools, procedures, processes, and coding standard used by CTS.
- Work as part of the technical team to develop code that enhances current software products, as well as assist in the design, development, and implementation of new software products.
- Participate in design and code review sessions to ensure accuracy and maintainability of programming.
- Work with the organization’s Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure staff to ensure timely delivery of quality software changes, defect correction, and enhancements.
- Evaluate proposed technical solutions to ensure that they are aligned with the software functionality and attributes.
- Perform unit and systems testing to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Assist Business Analysts and Project Managers to address ad hoc customer requests (e.g., database queries, data issues, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with CTS's team of developers and engineers to design and develop moderate to complex web-based applications
- Recommends innovative technical solutions to improve software capabilities and user accessibility. Ensures technical components are reliable, scalable, interoperable, and reusable
- Continually enhances the technical design and frameworks underlying the CTS product suite
- Designs and documents technical architecture
- Mentor other Development staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Interest in the learning and growing in knowledge and skillset related to the software development process.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet scheduled delivery dates
- Creativity in designing browser-based applications
- .NET development skills (Visual Studio, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, MVC, Razor, TFS, Git, .NET CORE)
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus
- Sisense experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical degree with minimum of five years of related experience. Additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Microsoft Sequel Server.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Job Status: Full Time