Team Lead -Senior Business Analyst
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY***
Are you a positive, creative, hardworking Senior Business Analyst with Team Lead experience including coaching and development. Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS).
CTS is an established software company, headquartered North Scottsdale, Arizona. We provide enterprise, cloud-based and custom software solutions in the School Lunch and Nurtition programs to our government clients for over 25 years. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, energetic Senior Business Analyst – Team Lead. This role is the most senior Business Analyst (BA) position in the Professional Services department. Expected to lead and drive business meetings to define the business problem, desired capabilities, and requirements. Apply critical thinking to determine process impacts and business benefits. The candidate must be a people manager, technically proficient, able to multi-task well, explain solutions clearly, is well organized, and has the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Directs the activities of BSA team members, assists in prioritizing assignments and in assigning resources.
- Ability to effectively lead BAs in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change by coaching, prioritization and conflict resolution.
- Provide timely, direct and candid feedback to other BAs that is actionable and measurable.
- Own the management of information and data requirements gathering initiative to develop and/or streamline the operational cadence.
- Prepare training documentation, train and conduct user acceptance testing and conduct training sessions from end users to train-the-trainer workshops.
- Assists in the creation and modifying of technical documentation including specifications and manuals.
- Ensure that all the necessary processes are thoroughly implemented.
- Serves as liaison between the customer and staff by fielding inquiries on software functionality and potential change requests.
- Executes BA activities related to business process analysis/design, stakeholder needs assessments
- Identify and document gaps in procedures, and create solutions for scalable and repeatable processes.
- Protects scope, identifies and mitigates risk, ensuring success of critical and complex technology projects .
- Use any tools that are appropriate. These include mockups, project status reports, meeting minutes, and face to face meetings, post your time in Toggl, manage work in Jira and engage with the Project Manager in Smartsheet.
- Continuously improves own knowledge of business and technology fundamentals, through an understanding of how business processes and software applications.
- Identify, document and remediate gaps in processes and ensure the alignment of the Professional Services teams and industry best practices.
- Perform quality assurance checks on software, which include testing and validating software developed.
- Document, report, and manage the resolution of defects, working closely with the development staff.
- Keep assigned account customer systems current with regular version updates.
- Respond to help desk questions and issues regarding software products and services via telephone, email, in person and/or virtually.
- Performs other related duties as assigned .
Expectations and Requirements
- Ability to quickly learn the applications and execute with confidence.
- Operate with curiosity, empathy, and humility .
- Be results focused, measuring your own and team’s proficiency as BA’s.
- Effectively prioritize, determine when it’s needed to dive deep into a process or capability.
- Listen to understand, ask well-timed, thoughtful questions that drive clarity.
- Actively participate in respectful and healthy discussions where differing opinions are shared.
- Flexible style based upon audience Qualifications to build relationships.
- Process mapping/ process improvement experience.
- Experience working as a business analyst as part of waterfall, agile, and iterative projects..
- 6+ years of work experience with 5+ years of specializing in Business Analysis
- 3+ years of work experience with direct reports, preferably BA’s.
- Experience applying and teaching generally accepted BA practices..
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We Proudly Offer
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
We are not entertaining contractors or candidates in need of work authorization (H1B) sponsorship.
KEY WORDS: Business Analyst, Testing, QA, Business Services, Analysis, Customer Service, PMP, PMI, Software, Nutrition, Project, Education
Job Status: Full Time