VP - Operations
Are you a creative, hardworking IT professional who knows how to get the job done right – the first time, on time, every time? Do you enjoy working in a results-driven, team-oriented environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to Colyar Technology Solutions (CTS)!
CTS is a fast-paced, growing company headquartered in Phoenix, AZ that is expanding their technology team in Phoenix, AZ. We are currently seeking an individual to lead our internal Operations group consisting of Quality Assurance, Client Services and Software Development. The ideal individual will have deep experience in the software industry driving projects to completion, assuring client satisfaction and defining/driving our software development life cycle.
This position will provide direction and leadership directly to staff and through subordinates in the design, development, and implementation of CTS’ new product lines, as well as enhancements to our existing software solutions. New products will be embedded within CTS’ current .NET software solutions to provide a seamless interface to the end user and enhance the user experience. In addition, the VP-Operations will work collaboratively with other software vendors that provide data to CTS’ products in order to provide our customers single source accessibility to information, data and statistics. This position will report to the Company’s Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to multiple development teams in the areas of systems analysis, software and database design, software development, and software release management. Ensure appropriate resources are applied to projects; adhere to time constraints and budget expectations. Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders.
- Oversee the productivity and quality of the Project Management and Software Development functions. Improve the overall quality of projects and processes, and implement project management and development best practices.
- Ensure completed assignments meet client deadlines and corporate standards. Ensure contracted deliverables and service level agreements are met.
- Encourage and administer appropriate professional development opportunities for staff. Coach and mentor staff. Perform individual assessments and conduct periodic formal and information performance reviews.
- Direct the development, implementation and maintenance of project management and software development policies, standards, and procedures.
- Implement formal project methodologies, portfolio dashboards and project health status toolsets.
- Analyze business needs and collaborate with stakeholders, leadership and project staff to plan and address project expectations, issues and conflicts.
- Negotiate and coordinate with clients regarding system evaluations, technical contracts and purchases, system integration and implementation.
- Support efforts to address IT compliance, audit and state reporting requirements.
- Facilitate efforts of leadership in long term strategic planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Foster and champion innovative technology solutions to solve complex business problem.
- Communicate on a consistent and regular basis with the Executive team regarding software development status, production issues, and potential new products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication, professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills are necessary to succeed in the role of VP-Operations. Applicants should also have proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Knowledge of and experience in the software industry is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, IT or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on, direct work experience in an IT software development capacity of web-based solutions. Minimum of 5 years managing software developers and/or system engineers.
- Experience in developing RFI and RFP responses, SOWs, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, maintaining websites, social media, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven analytical, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines
- Previous consulting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of state or federal procurements, nutritional programs, financial systems, and/or educational systems a plus.
Building on a reputation for success that is more than 25 years in the making, Colyar Technology Solutions utilizes cutting-edge information technology, as well as proven program and project management methodologies, to help our clients manage complex government programs. Offering a strong suite of cloud, web-based software applications in a Microsoft development environment, our presence as a preferred partner of choice in our industry is made possible by a talented team of professionals who enjoy working for a company that prioritizes its people. Our software is utilized by over half the nation, including over 31,000 institutions.
We proudly offer:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Continuous career support and professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings with safe harbor match
- Work/life balance rewards
KEY WORDS: Executive, Vice-President, Operations, Software, Development, Project Management, Government, Procurement, Management, Leadership
Job Status: Full Time